Monday, August 18, 2008

unless disaster strikes...

... I should be unveiling my new blog to the world in slightly less than two weeks, so hang on! It's in process now, along with a whole host of other exciting projects. I can't reveal too much, so you will just have to wait and see. But seriously.... it's gonna be cool, so I would stick around if I were you.

The weekend on the shore was wonderful. Highlights included: Lunch at Coho Cafe, an afternoon in Grand Marais (complete with a stop at World's Best Donuts), dinner at Rustic Inn, a moonlight evening of skipping rocks and watching the waves lap the shore, lunch at Grandma's Boxcar in Canal Park, dinner at Betty's Pies, rock picking at Iona's Beach, buying smoked fish at Lou's, and simple moments of fun with family. Can you tell that most of the activities with my parents tend to focus around really good food?? It's miraculous that they are some of the smallest, most petite people I know. I can only hope that I inherited those genes, because they surely passed on their love of a good meal!

This week is busy with freelance work, and hopefully some time spent working on projects around the house. I am pleased that the next several weekends will be at home. We've been out of town allot, and it's nice to think of having some extra time to tackle the big stuff that I can't possibly get to during the week.

I fully realize that these posts are nearly meaningless without pictures... but I don't have my camera cord with me at work, so you will just have to imagine a page full of brilliant, beautiful pictures of me having fun with Lake Superior in the background.

I promise the next post will have pictures...

No comments: