I also love post-its. For Christmas this year, I got a nearly lifetime supply of post-it notes in every color, size, and shape imaginable. Post-its cover my monitor at work, and the side of my computer; they litter my purse; fill a box on a shelf in my office; and are pinned up all over my bulletin board. During college, post-its stuffed my planner. Most of them have the following two words written and underlined at the top: To Do. Another variation is: To Do Today. Or just: Today. Recently, as my freelance work has been on the upswing, I found myself scrawling important information on post-its... such as addresses, price quotes, and phone numbers. And then....... in the midst of a chaotic night of freelance hell (deadlines to meet, no time, tired, ...), I found myself digging through a box with scraps of paper and a zillion yellow post-its, trying to find that ONE important tid-bit of information I so desperately needed. Staring at the tiny fluttering squares of paper...... I made an executive decision. This had to end. Post-its have their place, like on the wall when you walk in the door, with a hastily scribbled note... "Love you Sweetie! Hubbs"; NOT in the "business" world of a busy, scattered freelance designer. Thus, the addition of a very important member of my life........ my "list book".
Let me introduce you to my new buddy. Purchased at Target, I picked up this little guy for his good looks, charm and personality. Errr.... maybe more just because the pages looked right to me. And the lines were not too thick or dark. And the cover felt cool. And the colors were nice. ANYWAYS, the new list book has been great! Let me tell you... I must be saving millions of trees since my post-it usage has nearly ceased. The list book keeps all my important (and not-so-important) lists in one handy, compact place. No more digging through piles of post-its to find that one piece of essential information.

Now, just to give you a taste of my insanity... here is a list of some of the lists I have written in the list book recently:
- Things to buy for freelance
- To do this weekend
- Email: Kelly, Deb, etc, ...
- Things to blog
- Bucket Garden: Tomatoes, green peppers, herbs, ...
- Tonight to do
- Goals
- Things to bake for small group
- Current projects
- New Smugmug albums
- Buy at Anchor Paper
Yes... I just made a list of lists. Sigh. At any rate, I now stay very organized. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment