Monday, April 21, 2008

weekend things

This weekend went by in a blur. Zack was out of town on business so my dad came to visit me. He drove down Friday afternoon and we met up at NWC for the Senior Art Show. Then it was off to Cosetta's for dinner! Saturday morning was spent walking Emmy out in the fields and throwing the stick for her (over and over and over and over). On our way back through the farm campus, we happened upon some horses. This led to two things... 1) My dad declaring "I am ready for horses again" (My parents used to own a big horse farm in Rockford, IL), and 2) Emmy going crazy with glee at meeting a new animal. I don't think she knew quite what to think. But her tail was going 200 miles an hour.

It looks like my dad was about to hit her for barking, but really... he wasn't. Whenever I get time I will edit that part out. Along with the choppy area where I am furiously telling Emmy to be quiet.

After my dad left on Saturday, I took a nap and worked on freelance. Then I spent the evening sewing with my mom's beautiful machine that she is borrowing to me. It really was amazing. I didn't break one needle, the thread never hung up, AND I sewed a button hole! Here are some pillows I made for the couch. Actually, I just sewed the covers and put them on existing down pillows that we had. The fabric cost less than $10 bucks and they were a breeze to make. Click here for more pictures of my Pillows in Blue.

No comments: